Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits



I laughed, I cried and I would have bought a t-shirt if it was for sale...which it probably is. Way to go Hillary! I am very hopeful about Election Day.



I keep thinking of my grandma ("Mom")who was a die hard democrat. My brother was her favorite...the only son of the only son and to her he never had a flaw. Then, on her 80th birthday she received Kerry/Edwards signs for her front yard. I knew she was a democrat but I didn't realize how much of a democrat she actualy was until that day. I felt it was my obligation as he grandaughter to let her know her favorite grandson was a republican. Her response. "Well, Erin, I guess he's not perfect."

I think Momwould have liked to be a part of this election. I know that she probably never thought that in her lifetime there would have been both an African American and a woman going for the democratic nomination. I'm sure that she never considered the posibility of her voting for either. However, I know that it wouldn't have mattered to her who she was voting for rather the principals for which the person stood. I know that she would have thought about our country and its people and would have voted for change.
I also know that if she were still here that I'd probably be her favorite now because her grandson....still a republican.


No comments: