It has been a very long time since I have posted. You haven't missed much. I've been a little cranky, tired and annoyed at just about everything so really you've been better off without me. Not anymore, I'm turning over a new leaf...okay, let's not be ridiculous, I'm sure I'm still going to be all of those things but not all of the time.
As corny as it may sound, Thanksgiving me reminded me of all the things I am thankful for.
1. My husband - when we're not busy being annoyed with one another we actually make a good pair. He enjoys (or at least puts on a good front) being with 22 members of my family in my house...you've got to hold on to someone like that
2. My son- While 3.5 has been very trying and has made the terrible twos a very malicious lie, Ben is totally amazing. He's so curious, funny, creative and kind hearted. He brings tears of joy to my eyes which totally erases the tears that I cause due to my lack of patience.
3. My extended family- I'm not sure what happened but I was surrounded by 22 members of my family over Thanksgiving and I did not fight with anyone, specifically not my husband, mother or brother. I truly enjoyed all of us being together.
4. My friends- I have really good friends. There are a lot of people who I care about and who care about me.
5. My career- While it can totally suck and can be really difficult, I am making a difference and that is what I have always wanted to do and that is what really matters.
6. Lack of salmonella- Not one person had to go to hospital for food poisoning after eating my turkey....seriously it was by biggest fear.
Clearly this is not an exhaustive list but it's a start and covers the most important things in my life and is the list that will help me put the rest of my life in perspective.